Ben

Ben

Week 44 - 7/11/16 - 7/17/16



W1 of T9 7/11/16 - 7/17/16
Bike Stats
Total: 1123.8 Miles
Week: 40.933
MaxSpd: 27.8mph
AvgSpd: 11.5mph
Time: 3hrs 32min 44sec


Hey fam! We had a great week! My new comp is Elder Hobbs from Wellington, Utah. The Lord truly is doing miracles here in Summerwood.

We had G's Baptism last week and that occurred through a series of miracles. I think that I told y'all about it last week. Ivie got baptized yesterday and she is amazing! We love her so much and she was on top of the world yesterday. She was found by missionaries, (actually by my old comp from Beaumont, Elder Biesinger) way back in late October, early November.She has been working with missionaries for over 6 months now and finally decided to get baptized. Truly this is the work of the Lord!

You know, I marvel everytime someone decides to be baptized a member of the Church of Jesus Christ. It was said yesterday by President Rascon, that there are miracles associated with every baptism. And it is so true! Over the last month, I have taken a different mindset due to some slaps upside the head by Heavenly Father.  My mindset used to be kind of like this: We are out here and that is good. We are going to teach people and that is good. We will come in contact with people and that is good.

Well quit settling for good! Good is good and all, but there is sooooo much more for you to do out here. Start making things happen. These people don't have access to the Atonement of Jesus Christ and the only thing standing between them and their salvation is you. Kind of a sobering thought, isn't it? So that's why we are out here. We are out here to unlock the Atonement of Jesus Christ for them. Through us is the only way back to the Father, so you sure as heck had better be the kind of gatekeeper the Father wants you to be.


Quit standing in the way of Salvation and open your mouth.


Ok. That's my 2 cents for the week.


Y'all have a blessed week! Thanks for reading!


--

-Elder Allen


Ps. Can you believe that I have been out for an entire year?!  Haha, it only took me a year to figure all this out, that's amazing. I wish I had figured it out a lot sooner. 


No comments:

Post a Comment