Ben

Ben

Week 64 - 10/3/16 - 10/9/16



W1 of T11 10/3/16 - 10/9/16
Bikes Stats
Total: 1608.6miles
Weekly: 35.065miles
MaxSpd: 21.0mph
AvgSpd: 9.9mph
Time: 3hrs 31min 58sec

Hey Fam! It sure is nice to be in a car:) I'm gaining weight pretty fast. Lots of good food and not as much biking cause our area is massive. We still bike as much as we can, but its not as much as I did in any of my last areas. 

I love Vidor! There are so many cool people here! And they're all rednecks. Its insane. I think that I have seen more wacky things in the last few days than I have anywhere else. More Confederate flags than I've seen in my life. They are everywhere. In front yards. On trees. Cars. Trains. Painted on buildings. You name it, I'm sure we could find a Confederate flag somewhere around there. 

There is a semi active member that has two husbands right now. They all live in the same house and they all sleep in the same room. Go figure. Just Vidor.

We are teaching a fellow named Don. His dog bit a girl, so he disciplined it. He put a .38 hollow point through the back of its head. The dog got up and walked away. Jaw swelled up real bad, but nothing other than that... I saw the entrance wound. And the exit wound. They said that a few days after they shot it, the hollow point just dropped out of its head. I dunno if I believe that part, but hey, makes the story even better, right? They just dont make people the same up North:) I love it!

I've been reading a lot in the Book of Mormon and in the Doctrine and Covenants. Also, one of my old comps friends sent him a study guide that the California Anaheim Mission is doing on the Atonement and I have been doing that. Some of the things that it has you read gives you a completely different view on things. I've come to realize that the Atonement is actually quite simple to understand, we don't know exactly how it works, but we know that it does. Thats the way we know its true. The Atonement of Jesus Christ works because the Son was universally loved by all of Gods children. He was perfect. And because He is perfect, He is the only one that could've offered such a sacrifice. There are a few other things that go into more depth, but for sake of time, I'm not going to try to explain it all here. But the Book of Mormon and the Doctrine and Covenants teach everything you need to know about what the Atonement is and how you can use it in your life. So read them!

On top of that, we had 2 baptisms this week! One was a 13 year old named Tanner and the other was a 9 year old named Allyssa. Both have been taught the lessons and we confirmed yesterday!:) I didn't really do anything other than make sure that it happened and that they got interviewed. Other than that, they were both good to go! 

We are seeing success here in Vidor! The field is white, already to harvest. And lo, he the thrusteth in his sickle with his might, the same layeth up in store, the he perisheth not, but bringeth salvation to his soul. This is truth! 

Love y'all! Bye!

--
-Elder Allen



No comments:

Post a Comment