Ben

Ben

Week 61 - 9/12/16 - 9/18/16

W4 of T10 9/12/16 - 9/18/16
Bike Stats
Total: 1482.4 miles
Weekly: 56.048 miles
MaxSpd: 24.8 mph
AvgSpd: 10.4 mph
Time: 5hrs 21min 24sec


We had a great week this week! School is back in. Fall is coming. And the people are not outside at all anymore:( We have to resort to other ways of contacting people.
We taught early morning Seminary this Thursday! We had a to be at the church at 5:15 to set everything up for the kids. Apparently we were pretty good teachers, cause they want us to come back to teach again! So maybe we will do that sometime, if we get the chance again.


See that knife?! Guess how much its worth. $50 or so. Maybe a $100. See the textured blade? If you know your steels, that tells you that this blade is made of a very high grade steel. Ok, that bumps the worth up a little bit. Take another guess. Maybe a $1000? Wrong. This knife that is in my hands is worth roughly $8500. Say what now? Yep. Read it again. Thats a lot of $$$.


We went on a 3 day, 2 night exchange with the other missionaries! I've never done an exchange for that long, and I probably never will again. It was a blast! I actually felt like I was doing something in the other area. It was nice.


I got a pull up bar! Found it in their apartment and jacked it. So now I can actually get some muscle back!


We made cookies yesterday.

The pamphlets are super inspired! Note to other missionary friends that actually get this far into the email: Use the pamphlets. Even if you are a great teacher, use the pamphlets. They are inspired like none other and if you can teach using the pictures, then the Spirit will be there. Ask a lot of questions such as, "What do you see in this picture?" If they say, "Jesus, holding a lamb." Then you know that they know who Jesus is and they have a religious background. If they say, "Jesus is the Good Shepard, and that lamb is us." Then you know that they know the Bible. See what I am saying? Follow up with them by saying something along the lines of, "How do you think that it would feel to be held by Jesus like that?" They will see the personal application of it and you can then build from there into other things. All the pamphlets can do that! Ok, thats my 2 cents.

We had interviews with President Drake this Saturday! I was the very last one to go in and we waited an hour after the training ended for me to go in. Felt a little rushed, but it was really good!
We got 15 lbs of Venison from a member this week! This same member is also a Chiropractor and he adjusted both of us. Felt amazing. 3 things that I have always wanted to do. 1) Go to a Chiropractor. 2) Get a massage. 3) Get acupuncture. This guy can give me acupuncture too, so Im set on those 2. I think that I might have to wait till I get home till I can get a massage.

I made Hot Chocolate and it was delicious. Elder Hobbs says that hes having me make him hot chocolate forever now. I realized that you can put a bunch of different stuff in with it to make it taste amazing.

That about sums it up for me! Goodluck and God Bless!

--
-Elder Allen





No comments:

Post a Comment