Ben

Ben

1st Real P-day

Date: August 1, 2015 at 10:32:27 AM MDT
Subject: Re: Hello
Just got a haircut... Got to look good for the mission president. I dont have my camera with me, so I'll send a picture next Pday, whenever that is. Elder Malm and I have been playing bball for a while. We are trying to decide if we really want to pack up or not. 

Tell everyone hi for me!!

-Elder Allen

On Sat, Aug 1, 2015 at 7:47 AM, Ben Allen wrote:
District at the Temple. And round one of Donuts. The other ones that I sent earlier are round two. Bathroom pics getting ready for the temple last saturday. And We have pushup contests in the lobby every night. Its hilarious. The record is 53 1/2. Set by a big Tongan guy.



Ps I dont know if I am going to send an email to everyone. Just post pics to blog. I have a super busy day trying to pack up before Monday. Tomorrow we have Fast Sunday and about 6 extra sunday meetings... See ya. 

On Sat, Aug 1, 2015 at 7:34 AM, Ben Allen wrote:
The district on Wednesday. Volley ball.

On Sat, Aug 1, 2015 at 7:32 AM, Ben Allen wrote:
Harrison Piper and I. Then the other one is me with a few friends from Camp Loll. The one on the left is Ike Burton and the one on the right is a friend named Matt Phillips. Spencer came on Wednesday, ive seen him around a few times. Connor Bird is still here. Cayden Christensen. Chase Bennett. A few band people. And a bunch from Davis.


On Sat, Aug 1, 2015 at 7:29 AM, Ben Allen  wrote:
Did I mention that we share a floor with the international missionaries that are here to learn English? The big Tongans grabbed like two or three donuts when I offered them:) It was hilarious. The Korean in the picture is hilarious. He is always asking us if his sentences are good or bad. And he does 10 pushups a night. He walks around with his sleeves up yelling "Three Weeks! Look at them!". He is very proud of his stick arms.











On Sat, Aug 1, 2015 at 7:26 AM, Ben Allen wrote:
Well its pday... The donuts were a big hit! I made lots of new friends with them... Ill send pics.


I am ready to just get out into the field. It feels like I am trapped inside of a box right now. Let me give you my daily schedule...

6:15 Wake up and shower.
7:00 Study
7:30 Breakfast
8:00 Personal Study
8:30 Comp Study
9:30 TRC Teaching - Teaching Resource Center. Basically you get to go and teach real people that have signed up for the job. This one was about a half hour
10:15 Exercise. ie basketball, volleyball etc.
11:30 More Study
12:30 Lunch
1:15 TRC Teaching. This was usually a fellow named Stephen. He was awesome. And it was usually a 45 minute lesson.
2:00 Classroom until Dinner
5:30 Dinner
6:15 More Classroom 
9:30 back to residence, hang out with everyone, write in journal.
10:30 Lights out

Anyway, super busy. Stuck in a room most of the day. I have decided that I'm not going to get a job like that...

Sounds like fun at home!

I know that I am supposed to be here. Its fantastic:)

Our flight leaves SLC at about 5:30 AM. We have a 45 minute layover in Denver. We are supposed to be in Houston at 11-11:30... Super early. We report to the travel office here at the MTC at 2:30AM. We are all looking forward to it. So, if you want to be up that early, Ill call either at like 4:00AM when we are in SLC, or about 7:00 when we get to Denver. Im not looking at the schedule right now, so it might be slightly different. Im going to go ahead and call, so answer if you want.
(At the Airport)


Wish I was at the Dunes with them! That would be fantastic. (it was fun! -Dad)


We have been playing a lot of zone volleyball. We head over to the field and play sand volleyball with everyone. Its great fun! I'll send a few pics of that too. We had a few good devotionals this week that were a blast! They were way cool. My comp and I went to choir and sang. The song this week was A Childs Prayer. One of my absolute favorites. Another coincidence that wasn't a coincidence... Well, I'm trying to think of more to write, Oh, we had a Sister in our district tear her ACL and had to go home Thursday night. They did an MRI and everything a deemed it very broken... So yep. We gave her a priesthood blessing and it was way cool. 

The Lord knows what's best. He does, I promise that. And you can rely on Him whenever you need him. He will be there for you. 


-Elder Allen

No comments:

Post a Comment